Miami-Dade County Public Schools, also known as DadeSchool, is one of the largest school districts in the United States of America. The school district comprises over 392 schools, accommodating over 345,000 students and over 40,000 employees working in them.
It is located at the southern end of the Florida peninsula; the school extends over 2,000 square miles of distinct networks, running from country to rural to urban. A worldwide network, students communicate in 56 unique dialects and represent 160 nations.
Director Alberto M. Carvalho has driven the school since the fall of 2008. During his tenure, the region has gotten state and national acknowledgment for exceptional increments in student achievement and graduation rates.
VISION AND MISSION
Securing Opportunities for Academic Recovery (S.O.A.R.)
The system is established for providing additional opportunities for better learning and understanding of the students.
Mental Health Services
Services in the field of mental health provided to students and their families during vacations.
Virtual Graduation Ceremonies
In view of Covid-19, the 2020 graduates shall be obliged with the opportunity to attend virtual graduations, which shall be held from 8th-16th June 2020, between 9 AM to 6 PM.
A schedule pertaining to the ceremonies and streaming can be accessed at classof2020.dadeschools.net. Congratulations to the Batch of 2020!
Learn how you can start preparing for a Career in a Year!
Sessions on how to prepare for a career in a year are now enrolling online.
For further information, you must visit www.careerinayear.com or call 305-558-8000.
Miami-Dade Online Academy
Applications are open for the school year 2020-2021. Log on and learn more at mdo.dadeschools.net.
Attendance Boundary Committee
The Attendance Boundary Committee, also known as ABC, came in force by the School Board and the Superintendent after several citizens showed concerns about casualty in involvement in the system of the recommendation of attendance boundary. Various educational organizations have come forward to represent this committee and also helped in reviewing a few recommendations of the suggested boundaries of attendance for new and existing schools.
Audit and Budget Advisory Committee
Speaking in general, the task of the Audit and Budget Advisory Committee, also termed as ABAC, is to evaluate and recommend to the School Board and Superintendent on fiscal management matters presented in front of the committee. The ABAC shall focus on managing and assisting the Board. It ensures that its fiduciary responsibilities on budgeting, financial reporting and accounting, and business policies and practices are fulfilled efficiently. The ABAC shall keep an eye on ensuring the powers of the District’s external and internal auditors are respected.
Ethics Advisory Committee
The Ethics Advisory Committee, also known as EAC, was created to ensure the independence and uprightness of the members of the board’s decision-making power. This would help in the restoration of public confidence at our very own public schools.
The main objective of the Ethics Advisory Committee is to encourage the public by educating them and also focuses on the candidates for elections of the Board, Members of the Board, and other employees. Lastly, it also focuses on matching the ethical standards provided by the government.
The School Board Committee
The School Board Committee is given a lot of importance as The School Board of Miami-Dade County conducts much of its business through this committee. This committee is used in informing about the Meeting Announcements, which shall be posted at least five (5) working days before the meeting. Each committee is shown with its constituent board members and deputy superintendent(s).
Miami-Dade County Public Schools has a setup on its website that enlists the current news and other updates with regard to the schools.
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools announced a Summer Food Distribution Plans in which the Miami Dolphins stepped up and donated in generous amounts.
- The principal of the Year Rafael Villalobos was congratulated with a brand new 2020 Toyota Tacoma for commendable service and pure dedication.
- The Miami-Dade County Public Schools decided to commemorate it’s 2020 students with the love and respect they deserve by way of Virtual Graduation.
JOBS at the Miami-Dade County Public Schools
We are focused on hiring the best-qualified candidates available to provide leadership, direction, and support to the nation’s fourth-largest school district. Miami-Dade County Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities to each and every one.
Applications with correct and true information will be taken into account and moved further, and also the most highly qualified candidates will be a part of the selection process. Therefore, once the application is submitted, you cannot make any changes.
After the screening committee evaluates the applications, those selected will be notified via email.
Final Offers of Employment
Final offers of employment will be received upon completion of the interview process, verification of credentials/certifications required by the position, reference checks, drug testing, fingerprinting, and I-9 verification.
- Step 1- Prepare
- Gather all the documents like personal information, current resume and work history, and submission of two professional references. Such documents shall be officially sealed and mailed or hand-delivered to Miami‐Dade County Public Schools, Transcript Desk, 1450 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 160, Miami, FL 33132
- Step 2- Choose Job Pool
- All users must have a registered email address and must apply in the area in which they are interested in.
- Step 3- Complete online application
- The online application requires:
- Candidate Profile, The Candidate Profile requires submission of personal and work history.
- Job Specific Inventory (JSI), The Job Specific Inventory consists of two short answer essay questions.
- Step 4- Interview
- After clearing the process given by the Office of Instructional Staffing and Recruitment, the principals shall have access to your profiles, and the decision taken by them shall be held final.
- Step 5- Offer Letter & Processing
- The Offer Letter shall be delivered via email, and the candidate must accept or decline the position offered, and such a conditional offer letter will expire after 48 hours.
- If you accept the position, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete any pending pre-employment requirements which may include:
- Drug test
- Fingerprints/background check
- Pre-employment documents
Non-Instructional Staffing covers various staff members responsible for providing support as paraprofessionals in classroom environments, clerical services in school and district offices, health custodial and maintenance services, food services, , and student services, security, technical and transportation.
Miami-Dade County Public Schools encourages you to apply and join our effort to strive for excellence, better learning, and create a positive learning environment for our students, teachers, and the District.
You can trust DadeSchools for all your educational needs. They consist of impeccable infrastructure and experience teaching staff. Visit www.dadeschools.net to join today!