To understand more about DadeSchools and its various services, here are a few noteworthy, frequently asked questions (FAQs) that will assist you.
- Does the district provide electronic devices like tablets or laptops?
Yes, the district provides for both. The elementary school children received a laptop. Whereas, the middle and senior high school children receive a tablet.
- The electronic device offered to children will consist of which OS?
The Operating System pre-installed on these devices would be Windows 8.1.
- What are the credentials I need to know before I login to www.dadeschools.net online portal?
The two essential details required are:
- Username: that is the student ID
- Password: that is two digits of your birth month, followed by four digits of your birth year followed by the letters “pw” Example: you are born on 10th January 1999. The initial password would be “011999pw”
It is pertinent to mention here that you need to wait for 24 hours post-registration to be able to change your password.
- Is the school district safe for the students?
Yes, the school is well equipped with all safety measures and 24×7 security personnel doing vigilance around the campus.
- When I try to login to the student portal from my home computer system, it does not login. Why is it so?
In case you are unable to access your online student portal from your home device, you need to make sure that your flash player and java is updated with the latest version. To do the same, you can visit www.adobe.com and www.java.com to update the latest versions of both. Once you do this, you will be able to access your account from your home device.
- Is it necessary to log out of my account after use?
It is advisable to logout of your student portal account once you are done using it. It helps you protect your personal information from people who might misuse the same. Therefore, make sure not to save your password on your device and log out after use.
- Does the device offered by the district have a touch screen panel?
Every device provided to the students will have both a touch screen panel as well as a keyboard.
- The portal says that my password has expired. What do I do?
It is noteworthy that for security reasons, every password is auto-expired by the system every 180 days. You will get a notice about the same once the password expires after 180 days. All you need to do to reset the password is enter your old password and choose a new password. It is pertinent to mention here that the password should be exactly eight characters, neither 7 nor 9.
Therefore, these are a few basic and regular questions asked by both students and parents frequently. For any further assistance, you can always contact the customer support team of DadeSchools, visit one of the school’s administration, or visit www.dadeschools.net to get answers to all your queries.